Monday, January 14, 2013



“Venom” by, Fiona Paul

                Cassandra Caravello is part of the wealthy class living in Venice and she has everything a girl could want including a fiance. Even with all these things Cass finds that she is not happy and she longs for something different. When Falco, a lower class artist comes into the picture Cass finds that her life quickly changes direction. With bodies going missing and danger around every corner Cass is going to have to use all of her wits to find a murderer before he finds her.

Venom is a murder mystery set in historical Venice, but that isn’t all it is. In this book you will find romance, danger, a wonderful setting, and interesting characters.

When I first started reading Venom I worried that I wasn’t going to like Cass because she seemed a little bratty to me. As I continued reading I saw how she grew to realize what was important to her and she won me over. I think that Cass felt in this book like we all have at one point in our lives (trapped, lost, frustrated, etc.). Who hasn’t wanted to just run away from themselves and have an adventure, I know I have. When Cass runs away she realizes that without the people that love her, the world can be a very harsh place.
Next we have Falco, the bad boy who tempts Cass away from the safety of her structured life. I must admit that I’m usually a sucker for the bad boy but I really struggled to like Falco. He wasn’t a bad guy in the story but he did a few things that bothered me. I think I’ll have to wait and see what happens with him in the second book.

Then we have sweet, strong, mysterious Luca who I loved even though he wasn’t in much of the book. I’m not really sure what it is about him, but I felt drawn to his character. I hope that he has a much bigger part in the second installment of this series.

Overall I found Venom to be an interesting story and a series that I am happy to keep reading.   




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. Thanks for taking the time to read and review Venom. How cool that you're now reading my local author-friend Antony John's new book. Might I suggest a Heather Brewer or a Cole Gibsen next? :)

    ReplyDelete