Sunday, August 5, 2012


“My Lady Mage” by, Alexis Morgan

“My lady mage” is a wonderful example of romance mixed with fantasy.  Merewen is a young lady who by rights should be ruling over her keep and her people in the land of Agathia. She was born with a magic that connects her to the finest horses in the land. By using this magic she ensures that her home and people are able to live and make money. However, when her father dies, her uncle Fagan comes to the keep and takes control of Merewen and her people. Fagan is a cruel and wicked man who cares only for himself and power.
After being abused by both her uncle and his men Merewen and her people have become desperate. Merewen finds an ancient spell to summon the five warriors of the river and decides to call on them for help. The gods hear her plea and because of the pureness of her heart they grant her request. (Enter the warriors)
Gideon- Captain of the warriors, he is strong and honorable.
 Kane-Touched by dark magic, he is dedicated to the other warriors but he has a dangerous side.
Murdoch-Haunted by his past, he is a good fighter and defender of those who are weak.
Duncan-Like the other warriors he is a good fighter but his real love is books and learning.
Averel-He is the youngest and most lighthearted of the group.
“My lady mage” is first and foremost a lovely romance between Merewen and Gideon but it’s packed with so much more. The author paints a beautifully wild midieval style world for the readers to explore and enjoy. This story also has enough darkness and mystery woven through it to captivate everyone. I loved the warriors in this book, they were fierce and chivalrous, and I can’t wait to read the rest of their stories. For me, the brightest parts of this story were Merewen and Alina (Fagan’s wife). These two women weren’t your typical waifish girls; they were smart and determined to survive the darkness that surrounded them.
I have so much more that I would like to say but I don’t want to give everything away. I own all of Alexis Morgan’s books and “My lady mage” is a great addition to my collection. This is the start of the warriors of the mist series and I can’t wait to read the rest. The second installment will be out in March 2013 and it will be called “Her knight’s quest”.   


No comments:

Post a Comment