Monday, October 8, 2012



“The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There” by, Catherynne M. Valente

In this second installment of the “Fairyland” series we once again go on a grand adventure with September and her wonderful friends.

                When September returns to Fairyland she finds that things are not as they should be. All the fairy creatures are losing their shadows and Fairyland is fading away. September and her friends must travel to the lowest part of Fairyland to find the magic that will save it from disappearing.

                Just like the first book in this series (“The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making”) this story is filled with fantastic characters that I fell instantly in love with. The descriptions are beautiful and full of life. I feel like the author pulls me right into her stories and I wish I could stay for weeks at a time. Adults and children of all ages will relish every page of this book and the characters they meet inside will become friends they will visit often. I really can’t say enough great things about Catherynne’s Fairyland series and I can’t wait for the next book in the series.

Go out and buy this book right now!





No comments:

Post a Comment