Saturday, December 8, 2012



“Reached” by, Ally Condie

In “Reached” we finally get to find out what happens to Ky, Xander, and Cassia. I don’t want to give too much away in this review so I’m not going to get super specific. (I will say that I was very happy with the way that this trilogy ended.)

“Reached” has so many layers to it and it gives us all the answers that we have been waiting for. I loved watching all the characters grow and change in this book. Cassia learns how much she and those around her have to offer the world. (I thought the change in Cassia was beautifully written)

The changes in Xander are just as interesting but for different reasons. All he wants to do is help people and do good with his life. (It’s a shame that the world wants to stomp people like Xander out) His love for Cassia is sweet and at times heartbreaking. I found it painful at times to read as reality smacked him down and all I wanted to do was save him from the cruelty around him. (I love that he gets his happy ever after in the end.)

Ky is the character that changes the least in this trilogy. He is the character who knows himself the best and what he wants for his life. Ky never expected to fall in love but when he did it was completely. I adore how much he is willing to do for Cassia and she for him. Ky doesn’t want to be part of the rising but he does his part for them because it’s what Cassia wants. He never gives up and stays strong throughout the entire story. (I love him!)

I really liked this trilogy because it felt more real to me then some of its counterparts. I could have used a little less information about diseases and how they mutate and spread but I wasn’t too bothered by it. I thought the writing was fluid and smart, and the characters were easy to love. I would recommend these books to anyone who loves a great story.    



No comments:

Post a Comment