Saturday, March 30, 2013



“Audrey’s Guide to Witchcraft” by, Jody Gehrman

Audrey Oliver is seventeen and leading a regular life with her younger sister Meg and her loving mom. One afternoon Audrey and Meg come home from school to find their mother gone. Shortly after this discovery a twenty one year old girl named Sadie shows up claiming to be a distant cousin. She assures the girls that all is well and that their mom will be back after she’s done helping with a family issue but Audrey’s suspicious. While keeping a close eye on this mysterious cousin, Audrey notices some very strange things about Sadie and about herself. With danger and magic around every corner Audrey is determined to do whatever it takes to bring her mother home.

This book has a little bit of everything in it, a very sweet/steamy romance, danger, mystery, magic, humor, life lessons, and engaging characters. Audrey’s story was very easy for me to immerse myself in. The characters were real to me and had believable reactions to the hard situations they had to deal with. I also found myself laughing out loud at the light humor seamlessly woven throughout this story.

Some of my favorite parts…   

*”You’re supposed to whisk the egg yolks, not terrorize them”

*”I’m surprised a friend of yours would diet, I assumed you all just stuck your fingers down your throat and called it a day.”  Audrey says this to the “mean girl” in her school. I loved it!

*”You know, a waffle! Kind of like a pancake except square, with little nooks and crannies.”

*”For such a bony thing, you sure are in touch with your inner cow.” Audrey says this to that same “mean girl”. (Laughed out loud)

*”You’re a healthy, radiant, beautiful girl and she’s an anorexic skank. You are not the one who needs to change.” Audrey says this to her best friend Bridget.

*”I inhaled the smells: the lingering sweet-grease scent of donuts, the sun-baked vinyl, a trace of something vaguely coconut - probably the enduring legacy of spilled suntan lotion. The combination was intoxicating“(I loved this description)

*”They tasted like Christmas morning, like deep red satin, like everything you ever wanted and couldn’t name.” (Another great description)

The above is just a taste of what you will get in this great read. I fell in love with Audrey and her strength but she is just one part of this fun story. This is a story that I think everyone will love and I can’t wait for book #2 to come out. (Go and get your copy today)





No comments:

Post a Comment